Love interiors and love styling – but not sure how to turn your passion into a career? Then read on, as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all aspiring stylists.
Julia Green is one of Australia’s most published interior stylists and owner of Greenhouse Interiors… and now she’s opening up her home for a weekend to a very small group of emerging stylists to share her insights, tips and tricks on how to become a successful interior’s stylist.
If you answer YES to the following questions – then this weekend retreat is for you!
- Have you ever wanted to know how to get into the ‘Interiors Styling’ industry?
- Do you know what it takes to get published in magazines?
- Do you want to learn how to concept a stylish shoot – with hands-on industry experts and walk away having conducted a shoot of your own to kick start your portfolio?
Julia will cover how to style, concept, do’s and don’ts on shoot day, working with photographers and other industry suppliers, social media and how to win business in such a competitive field.
All of this plus open Q&A time alongside a fully catered for special weekend away.
Saturday 2nd May to Sunday 3rd May 2020
Barwon Heads, Victoria
$2,590 inc-GST all inclusive^
Two payments, being:
(i) 50% Deposit ($1,295) payable at time of booking.
(ii) Balance of payment ($1,295) payable 30 days in advance (1st April 2020)
^Accomodation, food and beverages.
There are only 6 spots available – so book quickly to avoid any disappointment.
STYLING WEEKEND RETREAT - AGENDA
SATURDAY 2nd MAY 2019
- 12.00 noon - Arrival at Barwon Heads (light lunch & refreshments supplied)
- 2.00 - 3.30 pm - Styling workshop '101' - the basics
- 3.30 - 5.00 pm - Business of Styling - what it takes to be successful
- 5.30 - 6.30 pm - Social media marketing
- 7.30 pm - Dinner
SUNDAY 3rd MAY 2019
- 8.00 - 9.00 am - Private Yoga session
- 9.00 - 10.00 am - Understanding ‘your-style’ over a seasonal breakfast spread
- 10.00 - 12.00 pm - Concepts, mood-boards, selecting props & creating run-sheets
- 12.00 - 1.00 pm - Lunch
- 1.00 - 5.00 pm – Professional shoot (4 concepts) with photographer
- 5.30 pm - Pack-up and review individual action plans
Accomodation is provided in a self-contained apartment at the Barwon Heads Resort, only minutes walk from Julia's private residence. Details will be supplied post booking.
All food & drinks are inclusive. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know at time of booking in the 'special comments' section.
All you need to do is bring yourself, plus
- a laptop
- notepad and pen
- comfy clothes - prepare to get your hands-dirty on a real-life shoot
- yoga gear
**Important - no previous styling or qualifications required. Just a passion for learning.
All participants need to complete a questionnaire that explores their business and styling goals alongside any other relevant background information to help Julia understand your personal needs. This will be emailed to you a week prior to the retreat.
Terms of booking – Cancellation Policy
- A full refund for cancellation 30 days prior to event.
- 50% refund for cancellation 14 days prior to event.
- No refunds for cancellation less than 14 days prior to event.
- Payment for this event assumes you have read and accepted these terms listed above.
- Julia reserves the right to cancel the event if a minimum number of bookings is not met 14 days prior to the date. A full refund would be provided in the event this did occur.
If you have any further questions please email Julia directly on – Julia@greenhouseinteriors.com.au
* * * * * * * * *
"This retreat weekend was more than I could have imagined... To share the years of knowledge and experience you have is priceless... You taught us everything we needed to know from creative tips to business planning and gave me the skills I needed to move forward."
- Carmel -
"Your love and passion for design, colour and styling was awe inspiring... The workshop was well thought out, with information that was practical, and industry related (information you just can’t learn from a text book). The speaker selected to present on digital media was another highlight with amazing tips, tricks and tools to get us all started in the industry... With the support of the team, the amazing photographer and you guiding and directing us when needed, we ended up creating amazing spaces to be proud of... Your generosity in welcoming us into your beautiful home, and the support and mentoring your provided that weekend, will never be forgotten".
- Maria -
"The retreat was beyond my wildest expectations... You offered more than just a few generic tips on styling, but rather a detailed, comprehensive overview into all things styling, from the basics, to industry expectations to marketing to creating our folios... To be fast tracked and have such a valuable and constructive learning experience was so amazing... I loved hearing the diverse stories of other attendees and have made some great friends as a result... I have left the retreat brimming with enthusiasm, but more importantly the confidence and determination to pursue my personal design dreams... What I gained from this course you simply cannot buy and for that I cannot thank you enough for the privilege of being involved. You are the rock star !!!.."
- Vikki -