Love interiors and love styling – but not sure how to turn your passion into a career? Then read on, as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all aspiring stylists.
Julia Green is one of Australia’s most published interior stylists and owner of Greenhouse Interiors… and now she’s opening up her home for a weekend to a very small group of emerging stylists to share her insights, tips and tricks on how to become a successful interior’s stylist.
If you answer YES to the following questions – then this weekend retreat is for you!
- Have you ever wanted to know how to get into the ‘Interiors Styling’ industry?
- Do you know what it takes to get published in magazines?
- Do you want to learn how to concept a stylish shoot – with hands-on industry experts and walk away having conducted a shoot of your own to kick start your portfolio?
Julia will cover how to style, concept, do’s and don’ts on shoot day, working with photographers and other industry suppliers, social media and how to win business in such a competitive field.
All of this plus open Q&A time alongside a fully catered for special weekend away. Accommodation at a local resort* will be fully included within fee.
Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th December
Barwon Heads, Victoria
$2,000 inc-GST all inclusive
There are only 5 spots available – so book quickly to avoid any disappointment.
STYLING RETREAT - ITINERARY
SATURDAY 9th DECEMBER
- 2pm Arrival at Julia’s home
- 3-4pm - Styling workshop presentation – the basics
- 4-5pm - Business of Styling - what it takes to be successful (including pitching, PR)
- 5-6pm - Social media/website support – guest speaker
- 6pm - Pre dinner drinks and 'commercials' (fees, charging, industry expectations)
- 7pm-10pm – Dinner & how to ‘Dream Big’ plus open QA time
SUNDAY 10th DECEMBER
- 8-9am - Private Yoga session on the beach
- 9-10am – Understanding ‘your-style’ over a seasonal breakfast spread
- 10-Midday – Concepts, mood-boards, selecting props & creating run-sheets
- 12-1pm – Lunch plus more Q&A time
- 1-5pm – Professional shoot (5 concepts) with photographer
- 5-6pm – Pack-up and farewells
All you need to do is bring yourself, plus
- a laptop
- notepad and pen
- comfy clothes - prepare to get your hands-dirty on a real-life shoot
- yoga gear
All participants need to complete a questionnaire that explores their business and styling goals alongside any other relevant background information to help Julia understand your personal needs. This will be emailed to you a week prior to the retreat.
*Local accomodation will be provided within walking distance.
**Important - no previous styling or qualifications required.
Terms of booking – Cancellation Policy
- A full refund for cancellation 30 days prior to event.
- 50% refund for cancellation 14 days prior to event.
- No refunds for cancellation less than 14 days prior to event.
- Payment for this event assumes you have read and accepted these terms listed above.
If you have any further questions please email Julia directly on – Julia@greenhouseinteriors.com.au